Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Day 19 update

As I expected would happen, once I got home, the long list of Post-Trip To-Do’s (For grammar buffs, Do’s is an acceptable form for stating the plural of To-do) got stalled almost out of the gate, as the chores of living back home started to accumulate and bury me.  I cannot tell you how many times I said to myself, I should have stayed on the road longer, but that would have been procrastinating and postponing the inevitable. Here is an update on several things.

 

First, Donner is completely cured of his on-the-road aliment, the severe colitis. And after a visit to his dermatologist, he also seems to be cured of a pesky bacterial infection that plagued his skin the entire trip, and made sitting next to him for hours a day for 49 days a nuisance for me.

 

Second, Donner’s official portrait arrived and I am waiting for the chance to take it to a framer.  I hope to do that tomorrow. When I get it back, I will post it on the page accessible from the button on the right column.

 

Third, I am also still waiting for the chance to get a haircut, not that there is much there to cut in the first place. Had I gone to Vancouver Island, I would have driven 300 miles out of my way to stop off at Henry’s Barber Shop in Port Hardy, which I visited twice before, but I never got there this trip.  This is probably the longest I have gone without a haircut in my life (three months).

 

Fourth, one of the items on my punch list for my the Defender’s mechanic was to replace the warning light module on the dashboard, which started to fail two days two days (lucky me, huh?) before I got home when the “headlights-on” icon would not light up.  My mechanic told me that when he went to check it out, the entire module failed.  This affected no functionalities, but it would be unwise to drive without those warning lights going off, 13 of them.  He also told me that the part is now obsolete and the only hope would be to find one from a junked Defender. As people know, I do not like to hear that there is no solution to a problem, so I went to work immediately. I will provide details about these two problems and my solution in a posting to follow so those with a similar problem can access it quickly.

 

ED

No comments:

Post a Comment